Current Job Opportunities
Interested in joining our team? Email your CV or Resume to email@example.com
Outpatient Mental Health Therapist
Are you looking for a rewarding job where you can work with a supportive team of professionals? Are you looking to grow in your career?
We are looking for a skilled mental health practitioner/substance use counselor to add to our growing agency.
If you have a heart for helping others and would enjoy working with like-minded therapists with a team approach, we may be the agency for you. We have an excellent referral base and have the ability to quickly fill your caseload. We offer a professional work environment focused on improving patient care, serving the needs of our community, self-development, and work/life balance. If you're looking to grow in your profession while maintaining control of your schedule, you may be just the right fit for our team!
We are looking for clinicians who are looking to specialize in some of the following areas:
- Substance Use and Addiction
- Child and Family Therapy (Including Play Therapy)
- Problematic Sexual Behaviors
- and more!
- Minimum of a Master's Degree in Psychology or Counseling
- Hold or be eligible to hold a Mental Health Practitioner's License from the State of Nebraska (PLMHP, LMHP, LIMHP)
- Hold or be eligible to hold an Alcohol and Drug Counseling License from the State of Nebraska (PLADC, LADC), if you are looking to specialize in this area.
- Assessment skills: Be able to assess clients for substance abuse problems and develop a personalized treatment plan.
- Strong communication skills: The ability to establish trust, build rapport, and effectively convey information through highly developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Active listening: Be able to listen to clients' concerns and respond in an empathetic and non-judgmental manner.
- Empathy: Empathy is crucial when dealing with individuals and families who are experiencing addiction-related challenges.
- Cultural competence: Possess a deep understanding of cultural diversity and be able to provide culturally sensitive counseling to a diverse range of clients.
- Group facilitation skills: Be able to lead group sessions and encourage participation and cooperation among group members.
- Conflict resolution skills: the ability to address conflicts as they arise and effectively de-escalate and resolve them.
- Crisis intervention skills: An ability to effectively identify potential safety and crisis concerns and intervene during such situations and provide appropriate support.
- Knowledge of legal and ethical considerations: Be familiar with laws and ethical guidelines that govern the profession.
- Documentation and record-keeping: Ability to maintain accurate and confidential records of clients' progress, treatment plans, and other important information.
- Professionalism: A counselor should maintain a professional demeanor and adhere to professional standards of behavior at all times.
- Flexible Hours: You create your own schedule (eg., 3-day weekends, half days, time off as you need for appointments, etc)
- Electronic Health Records (EHR) that is simple and easy to use
- Will have access to administrative support for billing, scheduling, and credentialing
- Professional development assistance
- Support Staff / Office Manager (Monday to Friday)
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $5,590.08 – $6,732.14 per month
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Choose your own hours
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Grand Island, NE 68803: Reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Master's (Required)
- Professional License / Certification (Preferred)
Work Location: In person